Total Pageviews

Monday, April 8, 2013

(Belated) Bible Verse Sunday #20

I totally spaced off yesterday, and forgot to post for Bible Verse Sunday. Well, better late than never. Today- err, that is, yesterday's verse was Luke 11:23, taken from esvbible.org:

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say about the verse: 

"This verse combines the metaphors of fighting (with me . . . against me) and farming (does not gather with me scatters). Neutrality with respect to Jesus is not possible (see note on 9:49-50)."

Yesterday, the pastor spoke about how Jesus instructed the disciples to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing and teaching them. In the High School service, the youth pastor talked about pretty much the same thing, about how we as Christians should be the "salt of the earth."

After church yesterday, my good friend Nick came over to help me put together a YouTube video. We want to take clips from The Dark Knight Saga and make a music video to the song "Gotham City" by R. Kelly, which is about the worst possible song you could write about Gotham City, as nice as it does sound. Anyhow, it turned out that we didn't have the right equipment for the job, so Nick offered to take my written down notes for what scenes would go with the song on paper and clip it together himself. He's a nice guy to expend his own resources to help me with this project. After that, we played Star Wars Miniatures (I won). Love that game. Pizza for lunch yesterday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment