Total Pageviews

Friday, May 24, 2013

Levi Sweeney's Day Off

Today was the first day of the year in which I did not have any schoolwork to do, apart from my Bible Quiz Team stuff. I got up around eight o'clock A.M., where, after showering, I compiled the following list of goals for the day:

1.) Read today's One Year Bible entry.
2.) Read a page of the dictionary.
3.) Type at least 500 words on book.
4.) Type at least 3 pages for graphic novel.
5.) Edit review on Captain America: The First Avenger.
6.) Read minimum of 3 sections of Batman: Night of the Owls
7.) Brainstorm for The Misadventures of Nobody (and X-Ray) and Hero-Guys
8.) Review Quiz material; Ephesians 5 & 1st Thessalonians 5. Quote Ephesians 3 and answer 13 quiz questions.

As of this writing, I have accomplished every one of these objectives fully or partially, and then some. The only two that are not completely done are objectives 6 and 7. Throughout the day, I interspaced these objectives with activities such as watching Halo walkthrough videos (Halo will be the subject of a future post), reading an online resource on gangs, reading the now defunct blog Diary of a Police Officer, listening to the How to Succeed in Evil podcast (a satirical work starring an "Evil Efficiency Consultant", which I will review), weightlifting with a 15 pound weight, and going to the pool and swimming. I swam twenty lengths of the pool in 10 to 15 minutes. I'm glad to have gotten some exercise. I'm also glad to have made further progress on both my book and my graphic novel. On my book, I am happy to report that I am only a couple of chapters away from completion, plus an epilogue or two. As for the graphic novel, I think that I'm about halfway through. I also intend to brainstorm and write down ideas for a new fan-fiction I plan on writing, The Misadventures of Nobody (and X-Ray). It will involve Nobody, an anthropomorphic running joke from my other fan-fictions, my internet persona, X-Ray, general Bionicle stuff, namely Ahkmou, and the Russian Mafiya. In short, it's gonna be pretty awesome. I also began writing down ideas for The Ultras, another graphic novel series I have in mind to create, which will be in the same universe as Hero-Guys (the title of a graphic novel for The Ultras would be Hero-Guys: The Ultras: Superhuman, to give an example). I intend to use the "Seven Basic Plots" as a basis for telling their stories, just as I'm using "the Hero's Journey" as a basis for yet another graphic novel that I'm planning, Heroic.

Anyway, after all of that, I ate dinner and then went to Master's Club at my taekwondo school. Then I came home and wrote this blog post before getting to work on objectives 6 and 7, after which I might watch The Third Man...

Also, it's a bit late, but I wrote and posted a Batman fan-fiction in BZPower.com's Off Topic Culture section, Whatever Happened to the Agent of the Bat? I'd saddened to say that no one has reviewed it so far. So, read it and, if you're a BZPower.com member, review it! I'd love some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment