Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #31

After missing a week of Bible Verse Sunday due to me being out of the state, not to mention a whole week of dead air, I'd like to happily announce my return to my home and the internet. I will talk all about my experience at the IFCA Youth Convention, better known to us quiz folks as Nationals, in tomorrow's post on the subject. Until then, I'll be getting back into the swing of things by relaying today's thirtieth Bible Verse Sunday post. It also marks the 125th post of this blog. Today's verse is the verse that this year's IFCA Youth Convention was based around; Ephesians 6:15:

"and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the verse:

"Believers must always be ready to proclaim the gospel."

This simple message was the crux of our time at Nationals, but we'll get to that tomorrow. Anyhow, in the main service at church today, the pastor spoke in what I believe is the final installment in the series on Hosea. This sermon told of God's plan for Israel, and how he wants believers to follow his plan, and how we must do so if we want to follow God's plan. In between services, I listened to the kid's choir talent show, where my sister sang a duet with a friend of hers, singing a song they themselves had composed. It was impressive for them to pull something like that off at their age. I also met up with my old friend Erin, who had just gotten back from her own road trip. In the High School service, the youth pastor talked about Paul's dual roles as a preacher and a tentmaker, and how this reflects on the need for the gospel to be evident in every aspect of believers' lives. 

After church, we went home, rested up, and then went to my Aunt Amy's. My cousin Kristin, her husband Philip and their two children were there too. We ate lots of chips and salsa, heavily seasoned chicken and steak courtesy Philip, and crab. I also read some more of Star Wars: Knight Errant, which I plan to review soon. Then we went home. My mom dropped us off at the house and then went to the airport to pick up my Aunt Naomi, who is returning home from... somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment