Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bible Verse Sunday #82, On Polls, and Artemis Fowl News

This week's verse on Bible Verse Sunday is John 3:17:

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

I picked this verse when looking up passages about heroes. The Son in question is Jesus Christ, the greatest hero the world has ever known or ever will know. The purpose of Jesus' ministry wasn't to bring punishment and wrath upon the denizens of Earth, but to save them from themselves, to insure that every one of them would be able to go to heaven after death. There will be a day of wrath when Jesus returns, but only after he has rewarded and commended the faithful. It is only the unbelievers and the forces of Satan who have anything to fear from this event.

In church today during the main service, the pastor continued in our study in the book of Romans. This week, the pastor discussed a basic salvation message, detailing the world salvation cycle, our spiritual state, and the result of God's salvation promises. We are, in turn, to respond with worship, gratitude, confidence in  Christ, and obedience. Specifically, we must check with what God desires, and we must remember that God is faithful and merciful in messy situations.

I helped in a kids class during the second service, and it was pretty okay. The kids were kids, a rambunctious, energetic lot, but I hope to make an impact on them through my volunteering as a teacher's assistant. I have lots of idea about how we can make the lessons come alive for them. It's so exciting to be able to do things like that!

In other news, I have decided to stop putting up polls. Why? Because I never get more than a few votes, and the only one I got for the last one was mine. This may be my fault for putting up questions which few people care to answer, but I don't know for sure. The point, however, is that the monthly poll is an apparently unpopular attraction, and I don't want a useless gadget cluttering up my blog space. If any of you out there want the poll back, you'll have to ask for it.

Finally, we have some big news for Artemis Fowl! The graphic novel rendition of The Opal Deception was released just a week or so ago, and I sincerely hope that it's better than the last one. I look forward to checking it out soon, after which I will report back to you, gentle readers, on just what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment