Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2012

School

Today was my first day of school after Thanksgiving vacation. I go to Legacy Homeschool Center, a homeschool co-op which is based out of Overlake Christian Church. The way it works is that we take classes once a week on Thursdays and do homework for the rest of the week. This year, my classes at the co-op are Geometry, Economics, and World History. I'm also on the Bible Quiz Team at Church, so that falls under my curriculum for this year. My favorite class by far is my World History class. My least favorite class is Geometry. My cousin-in-law tutors me in math, but it's still a struggle. But without him, I'd be totally lost. Anyhow, today was a typical day at school. I didn't understand much of my geometry, flunked my way through a quiz in Economics, and learned about Medieval Europe in World History. The reason I like history is that it's like reading a story. A true story, at that. I also enjoy learning about the Middle Ages because it gives me inspiration for my book. Yes, I am writing a book. It's being listed under my writing or arts credit this year, I think, and I'm trying to write five-hundred words a day. So far I've got six chapters done. It's going to be awesome when I finally finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment