Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bible Verse Sunday #5, Christmas Adam, My Top 5 Christmas Movies, & the Settlement

Today's verse is Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

The ESV Study Bible has this to say about this verse:

"Nah. 1:7 The Lord Delivers Those Who Take Refuge in Him. In contrast to his anger, God is good to his people, blessing those who trust in him. stronghold. The Lord is the never-failing protector of his people. He will keep them safe and rescue them from human and spiritual enemies (e.g., Ps. 27:1; 37:39; Isa. 17:10; Jer. 16:19). God knows his people with love and affection, which results in his benevolent actions."

Today is informally known in my family as Christmas Adam, as today is the day before Christmas Eve. We celebrated today by going to a family gathering at my Uncle Nick's house in Poulsbo. We took the ferry on the way home. I also finished Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn, the second book in the Thrawn Trilogy. I believe the trilogy to so far be slightly overrated, but I will nevertheless post a composite review of the trilogy when I finish it.

In other news, I have here a list of my top five Christmas movies, some of which may or may not be reviewed on this blog:

1.) Miracle on 34th Street

2.) It's a Wonderful Life


4.) Jingle All the Way

5.) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Finally, I recently authored a short story fan fiction on BZPower.com, the Settlement. I do hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment