Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #14

Today's verse is Proverbs 10:3:

"The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the verse:

"Prov. 10:1–5 The purpose of these proverbs is to encourage the pursuit of one’s labors in righteousness, which excludes acquiring gain by unjust means (v. 2a) or squandering it by sloth (vv. 4–5). At the center of these verses is the reason: The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry. It is the Lord who provides (v. 3), and through righteousness he delivers not only from hunger but also from death (v. 2b). The encouragement of the whole section to walk in righteousness is framed by the appeal to be a son who is wise (v. 1a) or prudent (v. 5a) rather than foolish (v. 1b) or shameful (v. 5b). To see vv. 1–5 as a paragraph should prevent taking any of its verses out of context (see note on v. 4)."

In church today, the pastor talked about how being a Christian is a matter of sacrifice, and how the disciples were asked by Jesus "Who do you say that I am?" In the High School service, the youth pastor spoke about underdogs, and how God loves humanity and wants them to be with him.

I went do lunch with my Dad and my sisters today, and helped with a job at my Dad's shop. I'm sure I earned some serious coin, so to speak. Then we went home. My mom also did the Chilly Hilly, a thirty mile bike ride. In celebration, my sister made a cake. This week was quite busy, and I believe I'll be having a reviews for The Joker Blogs: Further Evidence, Batman: Arkham City (graphic novel), and Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders up soon.

1 comment:

  1. The cake was good! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. :)

    ReplyDelete