Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #19 & Easter

Today's verse is Isaiah 41:10:

"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the verse:

"You here is the people as a whole (called "Jacob" is v. 8). Unlike the terrified nations of v. 5, the people of God have in him reason to be fearless (cf. vv. 13-14). Unlike the gods of the nations, which must be strengthened and secured (v. 7), the God of Israel secures his people."

I attended the Saturday evening service with my family yesterday evening in order to avoid the crowds and help provide room on Sunday. That evening, the pastor spoke about the resurrection, the disciples reaction to it, and why it is important to our faith. The following morning, I joined my dad for parking lot patrol during the first service, wearing a nice suit. I attended the High School service, where the youth pastor there preached a similar message as the pastor in the main service. 

For Easter, we had several relatives over for dinner, so that there were a total of ten people in attendance. We had enough food to rival a Thanksgiving dinner. My mom also bought a gluten free angel food cake from Haley's Corner Bakery, which was very good. I was so full from the meal. Everyone left around six thirty, after which I worked on my graphic novel. We plan on watching The Help tonight.

He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment