Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the Fourth be with You

Today was a day of many special occasions. It was Star Wars Day, for which I watched Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope with my family, which I will be reviewing soon. Today was also Free Comic Book Day, where I went to my local comic book store and bought some comics, in addition to the free ones that were being given out. I bought Superman/Batman issues 7 and 33, and Batman, Inc. issue 10. The free ones that I chose were the Superman one and the Star Wars/Captain Midnight/Avatar: The Last Airbender one. The Superman/Batman issues were mostly sub-par, as was the Star Wars/Captain Midnight/Avatar: The Last Airbender comic, but the Superman book was actually pretty solid. It ended in a cliffhanger though, and I'm not sure where I would find the next installment.

Also occurring today was a  belt test at my taekwondo school. I believe that I did good, breaking my board on the first try with a turn snap kick. Everyone else did wonderfully. After the test, I helped out with the Renton clean up, operating a push broom to help sweep the dust and grime off the streets. I worked at my Dad's shot for a while after that, going home at around 4:00.

Another thing that was today was my good friend Nate's birthday. He's nineteen years old now, and he's still the good fun guy I've always known. So, happy birthday, Nate!

In other news, I am assembling a time capsule. I plan to seal it with duct tape, store it in my attic for twenty years, and then take it out again afterwards. It should be fascinating to look back on how far we've progressed since that time. I still have to get some stuff for it though, so it looks like I'll have some shopping to do tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Star Wars Day. May the fourth be with you!

Image courtesy ffindr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment