Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Why I Started this Blog

Seeing as how I have exceeded one hundred posts, I feel that it is now time for me to reveal why I started this blog.

I started this blog for two reasons. The main reason arose a few weeks before I actually started this blog on Thanksgiving Day, 2012. It happened when I watch the 2011 movie The Green  Hornet. I have never seen the television series of The Green Hornet, nor have I listened to the radio show or read the comic books, but I did see this terrible, awful movie. I use terrible and awful as placeholders for my true feelings about this movie, as anything more sincere would be inappropriate in polite company, and I would be a hypocrite for using those words. The reason I would be a hypocrite was because this movie was an entirely tasteless adaptation where every other punchline involved a profanity. They ripped off The Dark Knight by making the district attorney a bad guy, which is ironic because the "heroic" protagonist's father was played by Tom Wilkinson, who also played Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins. The "hero" was a killer and a lecher, and- well, there are so many things wrong with this movie, I might as well just refer you over to Roger Ebert's review of it. He sums up how the movie is aesthetically rotten. To get to the point, The Green Hornet was so bad and made me so angry that I wanted to start a blog just so I could express how disgusted I was with the film. So I did.

The other, lesser reason that I started this blog was because I was... bored. So bored, in fact, that I turned to playing the new game plus of Batman: Arkham City. It was, of course, extra, extra hard, and I couldn't get past the Penguin's gladiator pit. Just as well as I gave it up, as in the main game I was reduced to going to the Calendar Man for a story every month and for trying to unlock a Riddler achievement while playing as Catwoman, neither of which gave me much interest in doing.

So, there you have it. These are the reasons for which I started this blog. Do you find them satisfying? I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment