Total Pageviews

Friday, June 14, 2013

Flag Day & Upcoming Reviews

Today is Flag Day, and the only reason I know this is because I was lucky enough to catch my friend Josh's Facebook post announcing the occasion (Thanks Josh!). Flag Day is meant to be held in celebration of the United States' adoption of the Star Spangled Banner as its flag. Flag Day is not a federal holiday, and is celebrated only intermittently around the United States. The oldest continuing Flag Day celebration is held in my own state of Washington, in the town of Fairfield. The nation's largest Flag Day parade is held annually in Troy, New York, where as many as 50,000 spectators turn out every year. Flag Day, June 14th, is also the day of the founding of the U.S. Army, as my friend Josh was also kind enough to point out in his Facebook post. As you might guess, this is in all likelihood one of Captain America's favorite holidays, aside from the Fourth of July itself.

For Flag Day, I did my lawn mowing job, which has been rescheduled because my dad wants me to be able to work at the shop more conveniently. I'm cool with that. I also will be going to Master's Club after missing it last week due to me not getting the email telling of its rescheduling to 6:00 to 7:00. We'll be learning MMA this month, and I'm kind of excited about that. I'm sure that it will be awesome. Also, I'm doing the library's summer reading challenge, and I finished the third of twelve hours of reading that I have to do. I spent an hour today reading The Answers Book by various authors. It's a pretty sweet apologetics book, with a load of cool information.

Upcoming reviews include The Invisible Heart, Iron Man 3, and The Third Man. I know I promised a couple graphic novel reviews, namely Batman: The Black Mirror, but due to me juggling reviews so much, and wanting to get caught up on New 52!Batman, I kind of had to twist my priorities around. I hope to review these graphic novels soon: Batman: The Black Mirror, Batman: City of Owls, and Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Death and Return of Donna Troy.

Image courtesy of tammybruce.com

No comments:

Post a Comment