Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #34, R.I.P. Bunny, and the Chuck-It List

Today's verse is Zephaniah 3:17. Verse courtesy of BibleGateway.com:

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say about the verse:

"The previously weakened nation is in the presence of the mighty one (Deut. 10:17; Ps. 24:8; Isa. 10:21; 42:13), God himself, who, unlike human warriors and heroes (Zeph. 1:14), does not lose heart. Instead of fleeing in the face of danger, God can save his people from it (Ex. 14:30). This verse remarkably adds that God himself will rejoice over you with gladness, indicating that when God's people seek him and follow him (Zeph. 3:12-13), and rejoice in him and trust him (vv. 14-16), then God personally delights in them. This is not an aloof, emotionless contentment, but it bursts forth in joyful divine celebration: he will exult over you with loud singing."

In church today the pastor in the main service spoke from the book of Galatians, preaching on the subject of serving, and how we as Christians should as the key question, "What can I do to help?" In the High School service, the youth pastor spoke from the book of 1 Thessalonians, and spoke on the subject of love, and how we can show love to others. I believe that we will be studying the love languages next week. 

After church, we went to my favorite greasy-fattening food restaurant, Red Robin, which, coincidentally, shares the name of Tim Drake's current code name (post on Tim Drake forthcoming).

In other news, I must sadly report that our bunny, known to the others as Bunnny though I called him Clovis, has recently died. He was developing some sort of cancer, and had to be euthanized. We buried him in our back yard and my youngest sister organized a funeral service a few days ago. 

And now... the Chuck-It List. This is a list of shows or movies that I watched part of, but then decided to chuck it because I thought they were stupid, boring, or just plain bad. Either way, they all belong on this list for one reason or another. If you want to know why these shows wound up on the Chuck-It List, comment below and I'll cover it in a future post. And now... the Chuck-It List!

1.) Once Upon a Time
2.) White Collar
3.) Ultimate Spider-Man
4.) Transformers Prime
5.) Merlin

I will probably update this list from time to time in future post, so keep your eyes peeled!

Addendum: I also posted the fourth chapter of my Bionicle fan-fiction The Misadventures of Nobody (and X-Ray) on BZPower.com. You can read it here.

Addendum: The Chuck-It List was originally called "The Forget-It List", but I changed "forget" to "chuck" because it rhymed with "Bucket List." I hope none of you archive bingers were confused (yeah, like I have archive bingers).

No comments:

Post a Comment