Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

Tonight is the final night of 2013. Tomorrow will be 2014. New year celebrations have been celebrated by all cultures around the world, whether they used our Gregorian Calendar or not, such as the Jewish new year celebration The Feast of Trumpets, or the Chinese new year (which also goes by a lunar calendar) celebration, which takes place next year on January 31. New Year's Eve/New Year's Day celebrations are typically celebrated by holding parties where people engage in the consumption of alcoholic beverages, sometimes accompanied by loud music and dancing. There are also fireworks in some areas, including the one in Dubai this year which aspires to be the biggest fireworks display ever to go on record.

For New Year's Eve this year, I decided to take the day off from school, plotting out my schedule for the rest of the week and editing the final chapter and the epilogue of my book. I plan to do much the same tomorrow (that is, take the day off), only tomorrow I'll be going over to my buddy Caleb's house to watch Empire of Dreams. Anyhow, in the late afternoon, we, two of the Rajaos, and my cousin Noa went down to the theater and watched Frozen, after which we went out for dinner. We pigged out on pizza at a certain establishment named after a tobacco using primate. I for one am still full.

All in all, I think that 2013 was, in the words of Frank Sinatra (and later Ray Charles), "a very good year." I got my cell phone, returned to Appalachian Bible College, enrolled in Bellevue College, earned my second degree black belt, got baptized, and got my purity ring sized. I'd say it myself, but I think that Ray Charles can say it better:




Yeah, it was a very good year. Here's hoping that 2014 will be even better! Happy new year, one and all!

Addendum: Also this is my 200th post! How convenient!

1 comment: