Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

A few days ago, the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy was released on the internet. I have absolutely no background with this relatively obscure Marvel property, but let me tell you, this trailer looks all right. We've got was looks like an all star cast which includes Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, plus James Gunn, the director of Thor: The Dark World, in the director's chair. I see that his trailer goes for the cosmic adventure story feel, something of a sci-fi adventure dramedy. The trailer looks funny, sort of cool, and I kind of want to see it. If it's as close to resembling Firefly and Star Wars as I think it does, then I definitely want to see it. Until then, the trailer!

Addendum: After further consideration, I am now having second thoughts about my initial enthusiasm for this film. Chris Pratt's Star-Lord could easily be turned into a clone of Seth Rogen's Green Hornet. This is not a good thing. Frequent readers of the blog may know my reasons for starting this blog was partially in response to the 201l The Green Hornet movie. It was, to use the words of Roger Ebert, "A horrible experience of unbearable length." (I believe he was referring to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in that case.) I just hope that a film with the Marvel pedigree doesn't descend into such awful depths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment