Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #16

Today's verses are John 1:4-5:

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the verse:

"John 1:4–5 The references to life, light, and darkness continue to draw on Genesis motifs (cf. Gen. 1:3–5, 14–18, 20–31; 2:7; 3:20; cf. also Isa. 9:2; 42:6–7; 49:6; 60:1–5; Mal. 4:2; Luke 1:78–79). Against this background, Jesus as the “light” brings to this dark world true knowledge, moral purity, and the light that shows the very presence of God (cf. John 8:12; 1 John 1:5)."

At church today, the pastor spoke about how we as believers should have a childlike dependency on God, and have faith like that of a child. In the High School service, the youth pastor talked about how God has in mind for believers to grow into the people he wants them to grow into.

After church today, I went to the library to get some homework help on my math. The volunteer helped me to understand some problems I was having difficulty with, and I got them all done. When I came home, I worked more on the script for my graphic novel. I had chicken and vegetables for dinner while mom and dad went out. Before I went to the library, I also finished reading Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders, and I should have the review for it up to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment