Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #28

Today's verse is Proverbs 16:32. I wanted to do Proverbs 16:9, but there was no commentary listed for it in the ESV Study Bible. Anyhow:

"Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the subject:

"16:32 Contrary to the many who would say it is good to vent one's anger, Proverbs advocates being slow to anger. Only a mighty person, likened to the person who is strong enough to take a city, is capable of controlling his anger (rules his spirit). (On the harmful effects of anger, see 14:29; 15:1, 18; 19:11; 22:24; 27:4; 29:22; 30:33; see also Gal. 5:20; Eph. 4:31; Col. 3:8)"

At church today, the pastor in the main service continued in the series on the book of Hosea, telling of the difference that leaders make in a situation. In the High School Service, it was Senior Sunday, where the graduating Seniors got up in front of the congregation and talked about their High School experience, and what they planned to do after college. There was also cake and some kind of punch served. Any day with free cake is a good day to me. Anyhow, after the High School service, I went to the church library to speak with someone about a volunteer opportunity in the library ministry. I hope to help greatly in this position. 

After church, I went home, after which I was picked up by my dad and my sister to go see Iron Man 3. We weren't able to go see it last Monday as I had hoped due to it being sold out, but there were plenty of seats today. I plan to review the film presently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment