Total Pageviews

Monday, July 15, 2013

(Belated) Bible Verse Sunday #33

Belated again? Dangnabbit, if this keeps up my blog will mean the end of Western civilization! Anyhow, yesterday's verse was John 14:28:

"You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say on the verse:

"In saying that the Father is greater than I, Jesus means that the Father as the one who sends and commands is "greater" (in authority or leadership) than the Son. However, this does not mean that Jesus is inferior in his being and essence to the Father, as 1:1, 10:30, and 20:28 clearly show."

In church yesterday, in the main service, our guest speaker spoke about how Christians are to spur each other on to follow God's law and to do good things. He said something along the lines of unity being important to the church. In the High School service, the youth pastor had a similar message, saying that the church should be united, and that Christians should help one another.

After church, we all went home, and then went home, ate lunch, and then went out again. We stopped by the hardware store to pick up painting supplies, and then we went down to the shop to do some work. My sisters Rebekah and Naomi painted a design on the window for Renton River Days, and I finished my bit of cleaning as per my job requirements. I also helped to jog and box some paper for a job Dad was doing. Then we went home, ate dinner, and finished watching Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I will be reviewing it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment