Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bible Verse Sunday #1 and Nuva Nation

A regular feature of this blog, along with review of various works, will be Bible Verse Sunday, in which I will post a verse from the Bible and some excerpts from a commentary.

Today's verse is also my life verse: Proverbs 24:5-6

A wise man is full of strength,
    and a man of knowledge enhances his might,
for by wise guidance you can wage your war,
    and in abundance of counselors there is victory.

The commentary on these verses from the English Standard Version (ESV) Study Bible is as follows:

"Saying Twenty-One. The source of true strength is found in wisdom; by implication, strength and might apart from wisdom will be ineffective. Wise guidance obtained in consultation with an aabundance of counselors is the key to victory whether in war or in any circumstance that requires might and power. Wisom carefully acquired and applied is the means of success in all of life."

Today was largely uneventful. We got up in the morning to go to church, the sermon being on how to stay the course in leadership. The High School service was about how God responds to the plight of the poor, and that giving people good turns is the same as giving Christ a good turn. When we returned home, I washed my sheets, watched some Batman: Arkham Asylum walk-through videos on the internet, washed my sheets, memorized three Bible Quiz verses (Ephesians 5:31-33), and did my 100 situps and ten arm curls on each arm. 

I also composed the final chapter of my Bionicle fan fiction, Nuva Nation. After twenty-eight chapters, it is finally over. I'll return to working on one of my other fan fictions, Glatorian of Bara Magna: Curse of the Grey Crystal, next week. This latter comedy is a parody of Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, which is a very good movie that I happen to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment