Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bible Verse Sunday #29

Today's verses are Revelation 3:19-20:

"Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

The ESV Study Bible has this to say about these verses:

"Like a loving father, Christ will reprove those whom he loves (cf. Prov. 3:12), calling them to repent before he intervenes in judgement. I stand at the door and knock, not as a homeless transient seeking shelter but as the master of the house, expecting alert servants to respond immediately to his signal and welcome his entrance (Luke 12:35-36; James 5:9). to the one who opens the door, Christ will come in and will eat with him, a picture of close personal fellowship."

Today's sermon in the main service was a continuation in the series on Hosea. Specifically, the pastor talked about what kind of a God God is, and what he designed us humans for. In the High School service, the youth pastor spoke about a passage from the Book of Acts, specifically talking about the Philippian jailer. 

After church today, my dad took me and my sister Rebekah out to lunch at this tacoreia, where I nearly choked on a big bite of Mexican beef soup. I literally bit off more than I could chew. But it was an okay meal, though a bit spicy for my taste. After lunch, we did some work on the floor of the shop, and then we went home around five. Lot of work today.

Finally watching The Third Man after getting it in from Netlifx a little while ago. About time we watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment