Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bible Quiz Team 2013-2014 - First Meeting

Tonight was the first night of Bible Quiz team for the 2013-2014 year. We had three new members, and two old ones will be coming next week, I believe. We had fun playing the name game, in which we all sat in a circle, and starting with Mr. Wendt, said our names, followed by something beginning with the same letter as our names that we liked (or disliked). For example, I said, "I'm Levi, and I like literature." Then we went around and for every new person, after they said their name and thing, he or she had to say the names and things of all the people before them in order.

We memorized the first two verses, explained the basics of quizzing to the new members, and did some practice quizzing. I myself had already memorized up to Romans 4:4, having studied over the summer. This year we Seniors are studying Romans 1-8 and 11 & 12. I'm not sure what portions exactly the Novice quizzers will be memorizing.

After the quizzing, we did our standard fifteen-odd minute devotional, followed by prayer requests. Then, the first meeting of the new quizzing year was over. I hope this year will as good as the last one, if not better. I also hope that more people come to join up. I'm getting kind of lonely as the only guy on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment