Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 12, 2013

An Explanation

A reenactment of my workday yesterday. Not a pretty sight, huh?
I haven't posted anything on this blog since my big birthday post on Sunday. For the entire week I have gone dark on my readers. I will now amend this. Why have I not been posting anything? To put it simply, I was really, really busy and really, really tired.

As you all know, I am currently attending college at Bellevue College as well as regular High School at my co-op. I have five classes at the co-op, one class at BC, plus, I'm on the Bible Quiz Team. This all makes for a very, very crowded schedule on my part. Can you believe it? Seven subjects! I just about wore myself out yesterday, trying to get everything done, not to mention sucking it all up and going to Master's Club at my Taekwondo school. We're learning Kenjutsu this month. In short, I'm one tired guy. I had an essay to write, questions to answer, chapters to read, tests to do, verses to memorize, vocabulary to study, brainstorming to do, and this blog to write a post for! Gaaaaahhh!

And now... I've got some time to myself. In addition to writing reviews and general updates about my everyday life, I am now contemplating writing on news. On what type of news, you ask? All kinds. International news, comic book news, movie news, local news, science news, the whole shebang. Of course, that is but a mere possibility at the moment. As soon as the current pole has expired, I will put one up asking whether or not I should cover news. Speaking of the pole, I haven't really said much on my blog's new look. In addition to the pole (and seriously guys, please answer it, I'm begging you!), we now have a list of my favorite links, a news feed, a section on popular articles, a device that allows you to follow this blog by email, an archive bar, and a blog post archive. The color scheme is also different, and the background is changed. It is, quite plainly, completely different.

I was going to write a review for Batman: The Black Mirror this week, which I started reading in April and finished a month or so ago. But I just haven't been able to get to it, what with the review backlog and schedule slips and all. I usually try to write a minimum of three posts per week, but with my current schedule, that goal has been all but impossible to meet. I've been stretching myself too thin, like too little butter over too big of a piece of toast. I was thus unable to meet my minimum goal of three posts per week, and have resorted to writing bookends of the week, like I am now. Therefore, from now on, when I am unable to write a minimum of three posts a week, I will writes two posts a week- one on Sunday and one on Saturday. I will also no longer be listing large swaths of specific upcoming reviews or topics, unless it is through a pole. I find that such publicly stated goals are more of a hindrance than a help to me.

But now, I finally have some time to work on stuff for the blog. Good stuff is coming, I'll say that much. And when it does come, I sincerely hope that you all will love it. Please pray for me, that I won't succumb to exhaustion and overwork. Most of all, I hope and pray that I may impact lives through my writing, both academic and creative, and reach as many people as possible, both reached and unreached, of every nation. Amen.

"A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might, for by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory."
 -Proverbs 24:5-6, English Standard Version, from biblegateway.com

1 comment: